Saturday, March 17, 2012

Charity Curly Perm

Well I promised to get a curly perm on St. Patrick's Day if I could raise $250.00 for the St.Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research. I recently passed the $300.00 dollar mark - and yes I got the perm.

Here is my participation page on the St.Baldrick's website in case anyone would like to donate to support this crucial research: http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/519758/2012

The curly do definitely takes some getting used too! Its like having permanent bed head. Anyway onwards and upwards! My next hurdle is to raise $1500. at which point I'll dye it before shaving it!

Diane and I were pretty busy this morning. I was sculpting and restringing my guitar and Diane was making a huge batch of sausage, meatballs and spaghetti sauce.

Its hard to believe an Irish gal makes such a killer sauce! Oh did I mention she was Irish?

And tonight when the rest of the family is having corned beef and cabbage I'll be having salmon. I hope my Irishman in good standing card doesn't get revoked.

7 comments:

  1. Well done Brian, your curly do looks great.

    Debie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suits you just fine! Congrats on the fund-raising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking good in curls!

    It was a feast of friends with two potfuls of corned beef and cabbage, carrots and soda bread last night. Saint Patrick's day is celebrated well around here!

    Congrats on surpassing your goal so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the curly locks...and all for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look wonderful! Congrats on reaching and passing your goal!

    The sausages look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know what....I really like the curly do!!! You are rocking it! Congrats on meeting and going past your goal!

    ReplyDelete