Sunday, January 9, 2011

WIP Photos

> The weatherman is calling for snow Tues into Wed this week. I thought I better take the opportunity to get into my garage and do some work before I need to shovel my way in there.

I wanted to cut and route a piece of plywood to use as a base for my fisherman. The alternative would be to sculpt the clay swells up to the boats waterline.

Besides being a waste of sculpting medium it would add quite a bit of weight to the piece.

By routing a depression into the wood the boat can sit lower in the base. Then considerably less material will be needed to build a sea around the dory.

I also cut a block of wood to add as an anchor point to my sea serpent sculpture. I've got the jaw sections put together and mounted the head to the neck.

Next up will be painting and detailing the dory.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good so far!

    The sea serpent looks like a cool ghost or spectre. I think you should make some Ghostbusters to fight it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great so far Brian cant wait to see what yout do next.

    Lorra Luffies

    Debie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Traumador. I'm still throwing around different looks for the final sculpt on the serpent. Though I don't think I'll be adding any Ghostbusters ;)

    Thank you Debie. Glad you like it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Looking great Brian, I look forward to seeing it finished". Thank you for sharing, you have some great ideas. xxx

    ReplyDelete